1. Parallel mechanism machine
1) Eclipse-I mechanism
- One of the advantages of the Eclipse-I mechanism compared to the Gough-Stewart-based parallel mechanism is that its spindle can tilt to 90 degrees. Moreover the ability to do five-face machining without any changes in the set-up of the workpiece is one of its great advantages when applied to machining processes. The Eclipse-EMO and Eclipse-RP machining tool are the applications of this mechanism.
2) Eclipse-II mechanism
- Eclipse-II mechanism simulates any continuous spinning over 360 degrees in any rotational directions and x, y, z-axis translational motions as well. Its application includes innovative training facilities for pilots and motion simulators that simulate any motion in space. Using this mechanism we built a working sample and one-man rider machine.
3) Mircro positioning platform
- Micro platform was developed for the needs of a miniaturized manufacturing system. Our project aim is to develop a unique parallel mechanism micro positioning platform with a dual stage system, which mobility is 100 degrees.
4) Planar type high-speed positioning platform
- A planar type high-speed positioning platform is based on a new three degrees-of-freedom redundantly actuated parallel mechanism. Its translational axes are in x- and y-axis with its stroke of 420mm each. The maximum velocity is 150 m/min with its acceleration of 2g. Another unique feature of the platform is that it has one rotational axis along z-axis with its capability from -90 to +90 degrees. It can be applied as a main positioning platform for PCB handling machines, semiconductor industry and MEMS field. Special information ...
2. Robotics Design
1) Welding robot for shipbuilding yards
- Welding robot is a industry-academic cooperation project. It consists of a welding unit attached to a mobile platform which can freely move on T shape longis and in double hull blocks. Currently we have developed three prototypes and our aim is to extend the usage to other areas in the shipbuinding yard.
2) A new climbing robot for high-rise building
- The purpose of this research is to develop an innovative façade cleaning robot which can climb and clean real building façades. So, we are focusing on climbing robot platform and cleaning unit design. The robotic platform will cover various building surface shapes and materials. On the other hand, the cleaning unit will clean windows without water and detergent.
3) Home service robot
- The purpose of this project is developing a service robot that can be utilized in homes. A modularized service robot will be proposed which is consisted of a common platform and several application devices. An innovative service robot which has many high technologies fused into will be proposed from this project.
4) Dragon lizard robot
- The proposal of our project is making a mobile quadruped robot that can run on a rough terrain with high-speed. To achieve the goal, we inspired from the dragon lizard of the nature. Currently we have made one prototype of jumping leg which performs a SLIP mechanism that store energy and release it. For the future work, we will develops the robot with 4 jumping legs.
3. Designing and manufacturing of a micro scale product
1) Development of active micro cooler
- The active micro cooler is a meso scale vapor compression refrigeration system which is designed to remove the heat from the micro electronics or the small scale mechanical system. The size of the system is less then 60x60x30(mm) and the cooling capacity is up to 80W. R-123 is used as a refrigerant.